Tuesday 6 March 2012

Success for Harry!

I thought that it would be lovely for you all to hear some success stories. So from now on, every few posts, I'll have a chat with an animal who was successfully rehomed.

This post is about Harry the cat, who was rehomed by our volunteer receptionist, Sue:

'My name is Harry and I'm a British Shorthair x Rex.


I was at the RSPCA for quite a while because they said I carry some sort of bad thing in me, called a Corona virus. It means that I couldn't go to a home with any other cats in case I passed it on to them, and I'd have to be a house cat. It made me quite lonely and sad, and I thought I might never get a home of my own.

But then my new mum Sue came to see me. She'd heard about me because she volunteers at the RSPCA. She felt sorry for me so she decided to take me home to live with her because she doesn't have any cats - only a big Staffy called Eskiboy!

I'm so happy in my new home. I've got new parents to look after me and give me attention and I've also got a new best friend - Eskiboy! Here's a picture of us together.


I love curling up on mum's knee in the evening and if she stops stroking me I just prod her with my paw to tell her to keep going! I don't think I've stopped purring since I've got here, but why would I when I'm so happy? I've just recently discovered how comfy Eskiboy's bed is so I've started sleeping there now.

My favourite toy is a toy mouse that mum bought me from the shop at the RSPCA - I love chasing it around! But apart from that really my favourite things to do are eat and sleep. I love food so much but I'm a big lad, I need lots to fill me up! Mum keeps going on about how heavy I am, but I know she doesn't mind. She always tells me that she couldn't have picked a better cat and it makes me so happy to hear.

I can't believe how lucky I am to have found such a great home. I know that I'm the most loved cat in the world and I couldn't imagine being happier.'

No comments:

Post a Comment