Wednesday 7 March 2012

Rabbit Awareness Day

Hi everybody,

I'm Smokey Joe and I'm here to tell you about 'Rabbit Awareness Day', which is this Saturday (10th March) from 12pm-4pm.


If you've already got a rabbit you can bring them in for a free health check by one of the staff here (they're all really lovely!). You can enter your rabbit into something called a 'Beautiful Bunny' competition.

Other activities offered on the day are claw clipping (not my favourite thing in the world really!), weighing, a carrot hunt for the children, advice and a tombola! If you've got any rabbit-related questions then come along - the staff will answer anything.

If you don't have a rabbit and you're thinking of getting one please come along on the day. There's lots of us here to choose from! Although obviously I think you should take me home. I'm a very friendly boy, I'm quite calm really and I enjoy being handled. I would like lots of room to run about in though! I can even use a litter tray (I'm very clever) so you could keep me indoors if you like. Really, I don't know why anybody WOULDN'T want to take me home. I wouldn't necessarily mind living with another rabbit but I am quite choosy about who I share my home with so to be honest you might be better off not risking it and having me on my own!

Here are some of the other rabbits the RSPCA are looking after. Some live here at the Centre with me and some are staying with a fosterer:


This is Rocky. He's been looking for a home for a long time so if you don't go for me, maybe you should give him a try? He doesn't like rabbits (not just choosy like me!) and he's big so he needs plenty of room!


This is Rambo. Like Rocky he doesn't like other rabbits! He does like humans though :-)

This pair are Bean and Button. They're not very old rabbits and they are best friends so they can't be separated. They're more nervous around people than I am so really small children probably wouldn't be the best idea as they need gentle handling.


This is Sunrise - she spoke to you on the blog a few days ago!



This is Troy. I heard the staff saying that an RSPCA Inspector brought him in, so I don't really know where he came from. I do know that he would be best with adults-only please :-)

These are Pudding & Dessert. They've been with the RSPCA longer than I have! Like me they are nice and calm and would be alright around children too.

There are even more than these but I need to go now and eat some food! Please come down on Saturday and meet us all - remember, it's 12pm-4pm :-)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment