Thursday 15 March 2012

Kennel Update

I'm Ozzy, you've seen me before in the blog and I'm on the profile picture of the blog too! Just in case you can't see that picture very well, here I am again (shameless, I know!):


I'm here to talk to you about the kennels I'm staying in. You might have heard that we've had some builders in and they're making all of the kennels so much better. They hadn't been re-furbished for a long time and were getting quite cold and miserable. Some of the kennels couldn't be used either, so the staff couldn't take in as many dogs as they wanted to.

Then, because the Centre was left something that Leanne calls a 'legacy' which gave them some money, work got started!

We've got two blocks that us dogs are kept in here. One of the blocks is all finished now and me and the other dogs have been moved into them. I can tell you, they're lovely! Nice and warm and much cosier now.

Soon the other block will be finished too and then, so I've been told, up to 22 dogs can come and stay. I really hope I'm rehomed before then because I don't like other dogs at all. It's bad enough with just a few others near me, never mind 21! So if any of you kind people would like to re-home me before that happens then please come along and meet me :D I'm the one with the adoring eyes who presses himself against the kennel front for some love!

Here's a picture of my neighbour Rufus in his basket in one of the new kennels. That's the back bit where we sleep, we've got our own little runs at the front too!


The big opening of the kennels is on the 12th May - we've got somebody coming to open it and everything! Like our normal opening times, it's from 12pm-4pm. Apparently there's going to be refreshments and games and allsorts of fun! There'll be plenty of time for you to look round at the animals too. Hopefully I won't still be there then though :-)

Thanks for reading!

Ozzy x

No comments:

Post a Comment