Wednesday 29 February 2012

A bit about the RSPCA Derby

Hi guys,

It's Delilah again. Leanne has asked me to come on here again (because I am so loveable, she says!) and tell you all a bit about what to do if you want to choose your new best friend from this place.

If you would like to take a cat or a dog home (I personally don't understand why, they're not half as lovely as us guinea pigs. But I suppose, being a guinea pig, I'm a bit biased) then come and have a look around the Centre. If you fall in love with one then you go to our reception and you will have to place something Leanne calls 'a reserve'.

Apparently once that's done one of the lovely people who volunteers will come and see you and your house to check everything is fine for you to take your new best friend home. If everything goes okay then the Centre will ring you and you can take your new animal home! About a month later they may come back again just to check they are settling in well.

It's a little bit different if you want to take a smaller animal (like me and Samson!) home with you. You have to bring in a picture of your hutch (a nice big one please, Samson and I like our space) to check that it's the right size and then you can take us home!

Anyway, I think that's the basic stuff covered that Leanne told me. Although did you know that, if you have a lot of love to give, you could become something called a fosterer. That's where you take an animal home with you if we're all full up here, or if they need a little bit of extra special care and then when they are ready to go home with a permanent family you say goodbye to them. Apparently you can do that for all types of animals! I don't really know much else about that (i'm only a guinea pig after all), so if you're interested I'd suggest you ring up Reception - they know lots about it all!

Just a quick picture, because I know how much you like them :-) this is me and my babies having a cuddle with Louise, one of the volunteers! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment