Thursday 16 February 2012

Proud Mother Checking In...

Hi Everybody,

It's Delilah the guinea pig here. I came in to the RSPCA already expecting little guinea pigs with the love of my life Samson. Here's a picture of Samson, getting some attention.


He's not just my partner, he's my best friend too but the staff here thought he might be a bit too boisterous for the babies so a few days ago I was given my own cage to get ready and he had the cage next door. It was perfect really because it gave me some time alone but we could still see each other every day.

I'm very proud to announce that yesterday I gave birth to two beautiful babies. One of them looks quite like me but the other is the spitting image of Samson. I honestly could not be happier! I've been showing them the rest of the cage today and teaching them where the food and water bowls are. All of the staff here have been so excited! Here is a picture of me with them. We haven't decided on names just yet but it'll let you know as soon as we do.


Samson is really missing having me with him but at least he can see me from his cage. We can still talk to each other every day - in fact the staff often say that we never shut up! I'm going to spend the next weeks giving my babies all the love and care they need before they find their own families to love them. Hopefully then somebody will give me and Samson a home for life!

This is Delilah signing out to get some much needed rest :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment