Thursday 26 April 2012

Run for us!

Hi everyone,

My name is Rita and I'm going to tell you a little about myself and the Centre's 140th birthday!

As you can see, I'm missing half of my fur! This is because unfortunately my fur was very matted. This wasn't very comfortable for me so it is quite a relief to have it off, although I feel a bit embarassed about my bare back! But the staff have reassured me that it'll grow back and I'll be beautiful again.

I am told that I'm quite unusual because I'm a ginger girl! Does that tempt you to offer me your knee?

Anyway, moving on to our birthday...This year the RSPCA Centre here will have been open for 140 years! How amazing is that? That means that for all that time they've been helping animals, like me, to find loving new homes.

To celebrate the staff have told me that they're having plenty of fun events!

On the 19th May (the 140th day of the year!) they are holding a big collection in Derby where they are trying to get as many people as they can to donate 140p. That's not much so I hope lots of people can give it!

On the 15th July we're having our annual dog show, this year at Derbyshire County Cricket Club! Apparently this year is going to be better than ever! You can go along and enter your dog into the dog show or just go and look around the stalls, eat some food and generally have a good time.

And on the 3rd June at Carsington Water we're holding our first sporting event. We're having a 7 mile run around the reservoir (eugh, water!) for people who run alot (professionals, are they called?) and a shorter fun run for people who don't eally fancy running that far. As well as that there are going to be lots of stalls and fun activities throughout the day!

If you fancy having a go at one of the runs, check out the website for the event: http://carsington7.jimdo.com/ It's supposed to be lots of fun! The money from the event will go towards keeping the Centre open so animals like me have another chance at life. Please give it a go!

Anyway, that's all from me!

Please pop down to the Centre and meet me, I'll be on my best behaviour :-D xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment