Wednesday 19 September 2012

Sasha the Superstar!

My name is Sasha and at the moment I live at the RSPCA Centre in Derby. I'm a bit of a mix really between an Akita and a Labrador - but the staff here say I'm very pretty!

Here I am licking my lips after I'd been given a treat - YUM YUM!

I really love people, because here all the people give me treats or cuddles, and I really like both of those things! I don't mean to blow my own trumpet, but I'm pretty clever too. Lizzie has been teaching me all sort of tricks, using something she calls a Clicker, and I'm starting to be the bee's knees at most of them. Here's a video that Leanne took of me learning today.

I really love learning these tricks because it keeps my mind active, it keeps me occupied and, best of it, I get treats! I enjoy playing with toys but really, nothing compares to treats. As Lizzie says, I'm very 'treat-orientated'.

The staff tell me I'm one of the friendliest dogs around because I just love people. However, I'm not all that keen on other dogs really. It can just be a bit too much for me! I wouldn't really want to share my house with one, let's put it that way.

Here's another picture - I'm very happy in this picture because Auntie Lizzie is giving me a lovely back-scratch after I'd done all of my tricks:

Can you see me grinning?!

I'd just done lots of tricks, like the ones you see in the video, so I think I really deserved that back scratch, don't you?

I've been here at the Centre for a long time now. And nobody has even come in to see me. Well, the dog walkers come in and take me for a walk, and Lizzie and the other staff work with me and play with me in the yard. But, nobody has come in who wants to take me home with them. I hope my new owner is just around the corner, because I promise you, I will be a great dog! I would especially like somebody who will carry on with my training, because I really love it!

Thank you for listening to me,

Sasha xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment