Monday 17 September 2012

Remember me?

For those of you who don't remember me. My name's Poppy. I was brought to the centre in May in a dreadful state. I had been left abandoned on the side of a road when a kind dog lover found me and brought me here to the RSPCA centre in Derby.

I was in dreadful state when they found me. I was completely emaciated. My ribs were sticking through my skin but I was a brave girl and still managed to wag my tail, even though I was covered in sores and very weak.

I'm much better now, as you can see, so I'm going on a sponsored walk to help save dogs like me (and cats too)! 
If you and your pooch would like to come along and join me then please call the Centre on 01332 344620 or email leanne.derbyrspca@hotmail.co.uk for more information. It's at Darley Park on Sunday 30th September. If you don’t have your own dog you can sponsor me by making a donation via JustTextGiving by texting POPP30 followed by the amount you wish to donate e.g. POPP30 £5 to 70070, or call the Centre to enquire about other ways to donate.





I hope to see you all at Darley Park on the 30th! You can register in the car park by the Abbey Pub from 10.30am and the walk starts at 11am. See you then!

1 comment:

  1. I'll try and attend at Darley park on the 30th to support you're cause!
    If you need transport for people to get to this event then Check out this mini bus website! http://www.derbyminibuses.co.uk/en/

    ReplyDelete