Monday 28 October 2013

A is for Ace!

Hi everybody,

My name is Ace - you heard from me a few blog posts again, but Leanne has let me take the reins again because unfortunately I am still here at the Centre :( I try my best to look presentable when people come to see me but the right people still haven't come along and most people still pass me by.

I've heard some people say that it's because I'm a Staffie. Yes, I might be a bit muscly, but I'm a real gentle giant. I love people to bits! Can you look past your pre-conceived ideas about what you think a Staffie is like, and look at the kind of dog I am?




I was left tied to a park bench which was really traumatic for me but I still trust people because I know they're not all like that. The staff here aren't like that! And every day I see dogs going to loving homes with people who aren't like that. I just wish my person would come along.

I do have a bit of a fault - since I've been at the Centre I find it very hard to deal with dogs. You have to understand, it's very stressful being surrounded by barking dogs all day long (i'm quite quiet compared to them!) and so they do irritate me. If I'm trying to have a nap all I have is other dogs barking at me. It's not very nice and for that reason I find it hard to get along with dogs anymore, so I would need to be in a home without any other dogs. Also, for that reason the staff do put something they call a muzzle on me when I go for a walk. It reminds me to behave and it helps to protect me and other dogs really.

Yes, I know it can be off-putting when you know about my fault. But really, nobody is perfect are they? Everybody has something they're not overly proud of. I promise to love you forever, and be devoted to you if you do take me on. After having a bit of a bad start in my life I would love to spend the rest of my days being secure in the knowledge that I am loved, to have a lovely warm bed and lots of yummy food. Isn't that all any dog wants?

Lots of love,

Ace x



No comments:

Post a Comment