Tuesday 10 September 2013

Beautiful Bernadette

My name is Bernadette and I was brought into the RSPCA Centre in Derby after somebody found me abandoned in a cat carrier.

I'd been in the carrier for quite a while so I was very scared and quite uncomfortable when I arrived. I didn't know what had happened to me and was upset that my owner had left me. However all the staff and volunteers at the Centre have been very nice to me and it made me feel much more confident.



Because I'm an adult cat and not a kitten nobody has really been interested in me. There's so many kittens that I think people forget that me, and the other adult cats, are also looking for homes. It's quite disheartening as every time somebody comes I think maybe it's my turn. But it never is.

I might take a little bit of time to get used to a new home, I'm not going to lie, because these last couple of months have been very hard on me. But once I get to know you I'll be your best friend! I want to trust people, it just takes me a little bit longer than it takes the kittens.

I also have very unusual green eyes - does that count for something? :)

Please come and see me, and maybe give me some fuss?

Bernadette xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment