Tuesday 27 August 2013

Kittens, Kittens, Everywhere!

Hi Guys,

Firstly - I'm sorry it's been so long since one of my furry friends has posted on here! We've all been so busy playing and trying to get ourselves homes that it just slipped our minds.

Anyway, my name is Joseph and I'm 11 weeks old.


I was brought into the Centre with my best friend Jodie after we were found dumped in a hedge :( Unfortunately, the staff have told me that it's not uncommon for that to happen. We don't know what we did wrong, or why it happened to us, but at least we're being well looked after now. 

Apparently we're in a part of the year called 'Kitten Season' where lots of kittens like me are born. This year even more kittens than usual are being born because people aren't getting their cats neutered. Because of this lots of cats are having babies, like me, and there aren't enough homes for us all. That means that lots of us end up getting left behind. Now, I don't know too much about this neutering business (apparently I'm too young at the moment) but if it stops kittens like me being unwanted and getting abandoned then I think it's a great idea!

It wasn't nice at all, being abandoned, and I'm just thankful that somebody found us and told an Inspector. I'm sharing a cat pod with Jodie and another kitten called Georgia. She told me that she was dumped in a box with her mum, who was pregnant again, and her brother Hector. Like me, she was shy when she arrived because of what she had been through. Luckily the nice people who found her called the Inspectors and they came to rescue them. I'm very grateful because otherwise who knows what would have happened to my friend Georgia??

What I'm trying to say is, from what I've heard neutering is very very important...please neuter your cats if they aren't already neutered. It really is for the best and then there might be enough homes for all the cats out there! And if you are thinking of adding a cat or kitten to your family, why don't you come down to the rescue Centre? Everybody here really needs a home!

Also...if it wouldn't be too much trouble...I'm looking for a home of my own. Can you help me? I'd be very grateful if you'd consider rehoming me with Jodie as well. We've been through so much together and we'd really like to grow old together now :)

Lots of love,

Joseph xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment